Dating undated medieval charters
The Chronicle of John of Fordun (Continuator - Annals) records the rebellion of "Sumerled kinglet of Argyll and his nephews the sons of Malcolm Macheth" in the first year of the reign of King Malcolm IV, son of --- (-Tain Jan 1251, bur Fearn Abbey). John of Forduns Scotichronicon (Continuator) records that "comes Rossensis Machentagard" defeated a rebellion in Galloway in 1235. comitis de Ros" witnessed the charter dated which records an agreement between the bishop of Moray and "Gylbertum filium Gylberti quondam comitis de Stratheren" concerning "dimidiam dauacha de Kyncarny". He was one of the Scottish magnates who made an alliance with Llewellyn Prince of Wales against England in 1258.The Chronicle of Melrose records that "Machentagar" defeated the rebellion of Donald Mac William (grandson of Duncan II King of Scotland) and was knighted in reward. "Domini P comitis de Rosdomini Merlessani filii Comitis" witnessed the charter dated 1234 which records an agreement between the bishop of Moray and "Walterum Cumyn comitem de Mynynteth" concerning "terra de Kyncardyn" (-Earl's Allan May 1274). He led an invasion of the Isles in 1262 and is said to have had a grant of the islands of Lewis and Skye from Alexander III King of Scotland JEAN Comyn, daughter of WILLIAM Comyn Earl of Buchan & his first wife Sarah Fitz Hugh. He swore fealty to Edward I King of England in 1292 but took part in the Scottish raids on England in 1296, laying siege to Carlisle and burning Hexham priory.
) redevelopment, including a tobacconist, H Wigfall & Son (trade unclear), Phillips (shoe shop - “any one of our lines is good for you, but think what toucan do”), H Br Stocks Hill Bramley, which was at the top of Lower Town Street at the point where it became Upper Town Street, about opposite Outgang; it shows roadsweepers with brooms and the retaining wall of the old town wells is also obliquely visible (2 older prints Stocks Hill Bramley, which was at the top of Lower Town Street at the point where it became Upper Town Street, about opposite Outgang; it is a general view up the street, with J Musgrave's shop on the right Stocks Hill Bramley, which was at the top of Lower Town Street at the point where it became Upper Town Street, about opposite Outgang; view of the town wells and of the houses above them, taken from the street, and a smaller more direct view of the wells Terraced cottages at Lane End, Selby Road (near Ring Road junction), one of which is a shop; Whitkirk church spire just visible in distance.West side of Carlton Hill at its junction with Woodhouse Lane.The corner house is 130 Woodhouse Lane and a sign shows it to be the premises of “Stubbs Dentist”, who is listed in an 1890 Directory at this address.Four photos of The Mess at Gibraltar Barracks pre-demolition, Claypit Lane prior to demolition, Osmond Hartley & Sons Paper Bag Mills on Claypit Lane, Don's Furniture, Export Antiques & Victoriana shop with a Tetley dray passing, and Corn Exchange Lady Chapel of Leeds Parish Church – young Choristers are in the Sanctuary, with Sir Ninian Comper's Altar and Reredos behind – the carving of the nativity and other scenes from the life of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Chapel Allerton Choir excursion group – F Hudson, A Riley, H Carver, E Carrick, R Preston, ? Carver, JE Clark, G Breeze, J Crossfield, E Clark, J Bogle Smith, CW Blackburn, SD Kitson, W Raynor, WB Kirby Clergy and laity with Bishop Maud (former incumbent) in the midst – at Chapel Allerton Parish Hall – SD Kitson, H Middleton, Canon Marshall, C Middleton, Rev HA Williams, Canon Brameld, Dr Bickersteth, Bishop Maud, WJ Cousins, W Raynor, Rev HL Connor Adel Church, 1.